B & D Associates, Inc. a leading provider of Medical Waste Disposal Massachusetts services wishes to let you know about common infractions we see in regards to these services. The states Minimum Requirements for the Management of Medical and Biological Waste are listed here to keep you in compliance with Medical Waste Disposal Massachusetts.
First we will get the bad news out of the way, penalties for infractions are set at no less then $100 to no more then $500 per day. Total costs are capped at $25,000 with up to 2 years in the House of Corrections. It is very important to conduct your practices in the appropriate manner.
- Medical Waste Disposal Massachusetts storage facilities on-site must be clearly labeled.
- These Storage Facilities must be uncarpeted.
- Storage facilities for Medical Waste must be equipped for unauthorized access.
- You are required to have a once per calendar year pick up.
- Shipping papers are required and should be in the form of a medical waste tracking form.
- Medical Waste Disposal Massachusetts considers Dental Wires to be Sharps.
- This is the one we see strangely enough as the most common; Sharps must be in a red, fluorescent orange or orange-red container that is leakproof, rigid, puncture resistant and shatter proof.
- Amalgam, amalgam traps and amalgam separators are not Medical Waste. They are handled separately. Amalgam Recycling is handled as a completely separate entity. Amalgam must be kept in air-tight containers and you must receive a certificate of recycling from your vendor to keep for your records. You are required to submit a form along with your records every 5 years. Please see a list of requirements for Amalgam Recycling.
If you have other questions on the services we provide please check out our website at WWW.SAFEMEDICALWASTE.COM or feel free to call Andy Thornton at 877-486-3456
B & D Associates has been working with clients since 1974 to keep them in compliance with environmental regulations. We handle many varieties of regulated waste streams. We service all of New England from our headquarters in Concord NH